CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update On Our Papa

For those of you who check the blog to hear what's going on with Mike....I thought I'd give an update. Yesterday morning Mike was doing his laps at the Huntsman Center when he nearly passed out. His blood pressure was really low and he was having a hard time breathing. They transported him from the Huntsman to the University of Utah ICU. They originally thought he may have had a mild heart attack, but now are saying it wasn't his heart but septic shock. I guess his lungs were filled with fluid. They have him heavily sedated. He is on a respirator to help him breathe. His hands are strapped down, so that he can't pull of his breathing tube. (there was a note on the chair when we got there that he had written...it took us a while to decipher it...but when we did we chuckled. It said 'take it out' (tough guy). He has a massive infection that they still aren't sure about. His white blood cell count is very low...or possibly even zero because of the intense chemo he was on to prepare him for the bone marrow transplant. They are taking all precautions for germs. There are only 2 family members allowed to see him at a time. No kids. (that would make him sad) Hand sanitizers and masks are a must. Bonnie and I were telling him goodbye last night...he opened his eyes a little bit and nodded. We were thinking he probably thought we looked like a couple of aliens with our teary eyes and our pink masks on. Your prayers on behalf of our Grandpa would be much appreciated! We love him so much and are not ready to give him up!

16 comments:

Amy said...

He seems like a great Grandpa! I bet he would love to see his grandkids. I'll keep him in my prayers. And BTW, your new look is adorable! I love the lemons.

maryam said...

Keep the updates coming... He is in our thoughts and prayers. If you're not ready to give him up, he won't be ready to go. He can pull through... We know it.

Unknown said...

That makes me so sad. He is such a great guy. It is so hard to see people go through this. He is so not very old, he is my moms age. You guys are in our prayers. Keep us updated.

The Lower Family said...

I hope that all goes well with your father in law. That is a really hard thing to watch and go through. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Aundrea said...

I'm so sorry! That is so sad and I hope he is able to pull through! He is a great guy!!

Chelsea said...

That is such a hard thing to go through. I am so sorry. We'll keep you all in our prayers. Take care of yourself and each other. Keep the updates coming.

KerrieLeigh said...

I am sure there isn't much we can do to help but let me know if you even need a babysitter.

Rochelle said...

I was just thinking of when Mike would cut all the wood for our silly projects, He is so sweet I hope he kicks cancers butt! Love ya!

Jason and Kristin said...

I'm so sorry. Bless his heart, he will be in our prayers for sure. Thanks for the update I had been wondering how things were going.

Rochelle said...

I've been thinking about you all day! I wish I was there to take over your carpool and all your duties and just let you guys have some you time. I know it probably helps to keep your mind occupied. Tell Linda she and Mike are in our prayers. Tell Mike the Lyman's said to kick butt! Enjoy your visit and call me later!

Natelli Johnston said...

Oh Autumn, I am sooooo sorry! I don't even know what to say.

as for going to see Rochelle, of course you would be invited. How did you two become freinds anyway? Do you think we could get cheap plane tickets and go up for a quick weekend trip?

Arah Debra said...

He will definitely be in out prayers. I'm so sorry to hear he's doing so poorly. I hope thinks start looking up. Let me know if there is anything I can do. You're more than welcome to drop your kids off here when you go to visit him.

The Brown 6 Pak said...

Autumn, how are you coping? How about Brian? I am so sorry this has happened. Let me know if you need anything. Take care.

Mandi said...

I am so sad to hear this news...you and your family are definately in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything at all to help. Be Strong!!

Aubri n Scott said...

We will continue to pray for your family. Sometimes when it seems like there is no hope a ray of light will shine through! I Hope this is the case for your family.

Unknown said...

So I have seen all the cute blogs you have done I want one.