CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hawaiian Vacation

I have decided to go on a slideshow strike. I just recently finished my 2007 blog book and found out that blurb can't upload your slideshows. So...please excuse the extremely long post....for selfish reasons I am documenting my trip in this form!
On Our Way!
boys together...girls together....more fun this way!

Waikiki Beach

This is Trent...but we like to refer to him as "Scuba Steve"!

Me and Tanya~first day on the beach

Pool TimeSometimes you just have to get away from all of the sand. The pool at the Sheraton (where we stayed) was awesome! They had Hawaiian music playing and served us cool towels and fresh pineapple.

Dinner TimeWe had dinner one night at a place called "Chucks Cellar". It was downtown Waikiki and so yummy! It took Bonnie until the end of the meal to figure out we were actually eating in a cellar! (we still love her)
jacci, me, laura,bonnie, linda, tanya

Pearl Harbor

Arizona Memorial

Me and Bonnie aboard the USS Missouri

trent, bryan, me, corey, jacci, tanya, laura, linda, bonnie, jeff in front of the Utah flag outside of the USS Missouri

Bryan and I overlooking the bridge to Pearl Harbor

Frisbee, Football, and Boogie Boards

We spent a lot of time at the beach. The guys spent a ton of time in the water...the girls spent a ton of time on the sand. Nothing like warm sand and a good book! ...I did venture out into the ocean a couple of times...although I must say the shore is better!


Polynesian Cultural Center

The girls getting some Samoan lovin'!

Me and my honey at the Luau

The whole family

Pineapple Plantation

The girls are ready for the Pineapple Express!

Does this photo need an explanation??...Mike wore this shirt on pineapple plantation day...wonder why!? We almost lost him a couple of times!

Riding the lame train. Even though this was somewhat of a letdown we still had a great time. Being together makes everything fun! We had some really good laughs about our train ride...

Hanauma Bay

Overlooking Hanauma Bay. We spent several days here. It was beautiful! An amazing snorkeling spot that we just couldn't stay away from!

bonnie, me, tanya, jacci
Even the girls had a go at snorkeling. I had some sand stuck in my snorkel so I couldn't get air for a minute....thought I might drown till Jacci saved me by cleaning the sand out of my snorkel!

Food..

Greg and his 6 pound burrito!
Jacci had this salad with this enormous piece of lettuce that we had to document! It took up the whole bowl!
We had dinner with one of Mike's old missionary companions and his family. They were the nicest people...even picking up the tab for our gigantic family! It was fun to meet them and hear stories of Grandpas mission.

Helicopter Tour
The family ready to board the "bird". A must do for anyone who makes a trip to Hawaii. It is amazing what you can see from the air. The highlight of our trip!
Whales from the sky

Delayed...CANCELED


There were some mixed emotions flying around about our flight home being canceled. They said it was due to mechanical problems, but we all assumed it had to do with Southwest flights being grounded for safety violations. Needless to say most of us weren't too upset about having to spend another night in paradise. They gave us V.I.P. treatment by putting us up in the Hilton and giving us 2 free roundtrip tickets to use within the next year.

Thankfully Bryan and I had an amazingly understanding babysitter at home...so we didn't have to stress about our kids for another day! Thanks mom!


The view from our balcony at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The airline also made sure we had meal vouchers for dinner, breakfast, and lunch.

On our way back to the airport for a second time.

Mahalo! to Mom and Dad for taking us all on the trip of a lifetime! We had so much fun and will have memories to last a lifetime! And a million thanks to my Mom for taking time off of work and spending an exhausting week at my house taking care or our kids and cousin Derek! We love you all!

13 comments:

Chelsea said...

Awesome!! That looks like so much fun and so warm!! I'm glad that you had such a great time. The pictures of you and Bryan are so cute! Awwww....
Oh! I'm on slide show strike too! I figured that out also. I loved looking at all of your pictures!
P.S. If you don't call a girlfriend night soon, I'm going to call an emergency night-out!

Bonnie said...

We had a great time!! I'm ready to go back...except the orphanage will have to take Maddie next time!!

Arah Debra said...

That looks like an amazing trip! It's so awesome that you all get along so well. Oh what I wouldn't give for some warm weather.

Aundrea said...

That sounds like a great time!! I loved looking at all the pictures, and I had heard that about blurb:( Whenever Kelly flies I always tell him to take them up on being bumped...totally worth the free tickets and VIP treatment.

Updates From The Outback said...

We loved seeing your vacation. Tell pineapple Mike "Hi" for us. That one day delay is quite a hard luck story.
We plan to return home from our mission via Hawaii. And we're really hoping the family can meet us there. We’ll hope for a one day delay too. We don’t need a babysitter.
We loved the way you posted the pictures for your trip. It was better than a slide show. We're going to do that with the pictures from when Lisa, Shawn and their family get here.
PS We fixed the pictures on our baby kangaroo blog.

Unknown said...

What a fun Vacation!! I wish I looked as good as you do in a swimming suit. Glad you had such a fun trip. Thanks for letting us know about the slide show, I was wondering if it would work.

tanya.... said...

It was a Blast and I would go back again any day! Thanks to all for making it such a good time.

The Lower Family said...

WOW, that looks like so much fun! I think you just might have the best in-laws I know of! I think it is awesome that all you girls get along so great! Glad you had a great time!

Rochelle said...

I am so glad your home, I missed you! It sounds like a great time. How long were you gone? Beautiful pictures, I love Mike's shirt!

The Brown 6 Pak said...

It looks like you and Brian had a great time. I enjoyed looking at all your pictures. Welcome back!

Jonie said...

I have been waiting and waiting for you to come back and post your pictures. Hawaii is incredible!!! We also have some pictures with the same Samoan Warrior from the Polynesian Cultural Center. Glad you had a great time.

Marci said...

What a fun trip. I love looking at all the pictures. That is good to know about the slideshow thing. Maybe I won't be doing anymore of those either. I'm glad you got to enjoy some nice warm weather. I think I'm needing that right about now. Too bad I don't have any plans to go to Hawaii in the near future!!

KerrieLeigh said...

That looked like so much fun. Glad you had a good time and glad you are back.