Lately I feel like I am seriously living on another planet! My son is speaking a foreign language! Today I found out that "we are like the only people on the entire planet who do not own a Palkia!" Can you believe that?! I am in a constant state of confusion..."so and so traded me for Rapidash, and I beat him with my energy ball"..."Bulbasaur can defeat so and so with his awesome fire energy." ..."Pikachu is good but so and so is evil" (by the way I'm sure none of that was correct which really shows you I'm not following along) ....Help! I'm so lost! How in the world does the kid remember all of this and keep everybody's special powers and energies straight? Really...I'm amazed at his brain power! Oh and have any of you ever tried to read a Pokemon book for a bedtime story?? I would not recommend it!! How the heck do you even pronounce the names of these ...what are they anyway?Thursday, May 15, 2008
Am I Living On Another Planet?
Lately I feel like I am seriously living on another planet! My son is speaking a foreign language! Today I found out that "we are like the only people on the entire planet who do not own a Palkia!" Can you believe that?! I am in a constant state of confusion..."so and so traded me for Rapidash, and I beat him with my energy ball"..."Bulbasaur can defeat so and so with his awesome fire energy." ..."Pikachu is good but so and so is evil" (by the way I'm sure none of that was correct which really shows you I'm not following along) ....Help! I'm so lost! How in the world does the kid remember all of this and keep everybody's special powers and energies straight? Really...I'm amazed at his brain power! Oh and have any of you ever tried to read a Pokemon book for a bedtime story?? I would not recommend it!! How the heck do you even pronounce the names of these ...what are they anyway?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I remember when Der was in to that. Every time we went to the store he wanted a new pack of Pokemon cards. It was confusing to me too.
Sorry I am of absolutely no help. I really dislike Pokemon. Luckily Remi doesn't care much about it either. My nephews were obscessed (sp)with it.
Ummm...so I'm thinking this is one of the reasons I initially didn't want to have a boy. Is it wrong of me to hope that the millennium comes before I get into all this stuff? I was thinking that I'd simply like to avoid the teenage years...but now I believe it might be good to avoid the Pokemon years as well. Sheesh.
I hear ya!! Kaleb's doing it, too. I just smile and say "Really?"
Well Brock never got into pocemon, But I have know ideal what kids Brock's age are talking. I have to ask what does that mean? Sometimes I think he has no idea either.
My kids have never really been into this so I am very lucky!
I'm glad my kids aren't in to them either...maybe the craze will die down by the time Bronson grows up? I have a nephew that was in to them big time! Drove. Me. Crazy.
Whew! I was confused just reading that! I'm glad that I haven't dealt with that yet. When I do, I'll think of you.
That's so funny! I don't think Gavin has ever even watched Pokemon. I think I'll try to keep it that way for a while.
P.S. Can I borrow your Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants when your done?
My favorite is that they can remember all that stuff but forget what we asked them to do 2min. ago. Go figure.
My niece and nephew are crazy about Pokemon, I seriously don't get it. All I know is that they spend a lot of time on it.
wow. I feel really confused after reading this.
that is so funny! dont feel bad I dont understand it either!
Post a Comment