CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Karate Man Meltdown

Both of the boys had Belt Promotions last night. Jace was up for his white belt purple stripe and East was getting his brown belt yellow stripe. As you can see Easton got his new belt! We are so proud of him!Where is the photo of the little brother? Here's the story: (for posterity) As we are driving to the Karate school Jace asks me "Mom, do you think we could go buy some Pokemon cards after Karate?"...I gave the typical mom answer of "We'll see."
As we are getting out of the van Jace says "Mom, I forgot my shoes." "Oh well, I say...but we won't be able to go to the store without shoes so we'll have to go another time." WHAT??? followed by a major melt down!
So...I drag the kicking and screaming child into Karate so that I can try to calm him down in time for him to get his new belt (which by the way he has been anticipating for weeks!)~only to drag him back out kicking and screaming 15 minutes later...minus the new karate belt! AAAHHHH! So now...if you'd like to feel sorry for the poor little guy....his life is feeling pretty empty right now without a new Karate belt OR some new Pokemon cards! I would be willing to bet that my guy takes the cake for the most stubborn child!
It's a good thing I love him so much!....isn't Karate supposed to be helping me with this!!??

Aren't they cute!?

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ha Ha! That's funny! You handled that really well. I don't think that I would have been as patient as you. Good job East! I don't know what the order of the belts are but he seems to move up really fast! Adri has her advancement for her next belt in 2 weeks and is really nervous.

Aundrea said...

I'm seriously proud of you for sticking to your guns! Good job:) That would've been really hard for me to not give in.

maryam said...

Yes, they are super cute! You are a great mom!

KerrieLeigh said...

I am so glad I am not the only one with a child like that! Actually I have more than one. Glad you didn't give in. I always cave way to easy.

Jodi Jo said...

Agh! I hate moments like that! Sounds like you did pretty well with it. I think my little one could rival that story. Good to know I am not the only one!

Arah Debra said...

Come on Autumn, don't you know your suppose to give them anything they want when they throw fits like that? What kind of mom are you? :-)

Unknown said...

You are a great mom. I give into Summer way more than I did with the other two.

Teri said...

I think they are Connor's idols! They totally look like ninjas with their nunchuks. I didn't know that Easton was a brown belt, way to go dude! Cute boys.

Bonnie said...

Wow! I'm surprised you survive the tantrum in karate for 15 minutes. I don't know if we would have stayed more than 2 or 3!!