A Healthy Weight (View From The Top)
An Overweight Pooch (View From The Top)
The curse of the female genetics continue! My poor little puppy had to go in to the vet yesterday to have her teeth cleaned, and to get one of her baby teeth that had never come out removed. As always, when she goes to the vet they take a weight first....
As many of you know Emmy and I have been on a diet. I say 'Emmy and I' because it is incredibly hard for me to tell the poor little starving thing no! She has been reduced to 3/4 cup of food a day (down from an unlimited supply), she has been limited in her snacks (down to one small beggin' strip a day), and has been completely cut off from people food...including our nightly snack of popcorn!
At her last visit she weighed 12 lbs 7 ozs and I was told that "if I loved my dog she needed to lose about 3 lbs."
Fastforward about 3 1/2 weeks. She weighs in at 13 lbs! What the ???? All of that hard work?? Seriously? I'm not gonna lie either! The very minute I sat down with my mini bag of microwave popcorn tonight I SHARED! We are officially off the wagon!
I'd like to take a vote....I realize she is laying down in this photo, but I personally think she is just fine!! She may look a little bit more like the pooch in the second photo...but then...who really cares!?? What do you think? Emmy and I would love your support!
12 comments:
Oh poor thing, I think she looks great! Bring on the popcorn.
Poor Emmy! She's fine!! I've even seen her a few times in person and I think she looks great. I hope she's not getting a low self esteem over this ;-)
She looks great!! I love "healthy" looking pets and wish Gizmo would plumpen' up!
Seriously! They need to have a Dove Campaign for Real Beauty for Dogs!!:) Pleasingly Plump is good and if she's gained weight after all your hard work and sacrifice...hey, your tried:)
I think she is beautiful just the way she is and if she is happy, leave her alone! I am hoping that is what people will be saying about me in a couple of months. :)
That is funny! I think Emmy looks fine. Geez! I didn't realize how much work it is to have a dog! That's a lot of work!
You are obviously using the scale wrong. Please refer to my post about scales!
Hey, that chocolate egg was worth every penny!
poor emmy. I think she is cute anyway. you can tell how much she is loved!!!
I grew up with three maltese poodles and they looked no different than Emmy. They all lived a very long and good life. Maybe you can take her for some walks instead of worring about her food intake. I don't know about vets, they seem a little paranoid, but then I didn't go to veteranarian school.
I saw cute little Emmy in my house just yesterday (she comes in when the door is open sometimes to say "hi") I have never thought she looks like a fat puppy. She is just a normal doggy. I don't think she needs to be on a diet. That's my vote!
She is totally fine - feed the poor little thing!
Post a Comment