CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Hogle Zoo Field Trip

The last time I chaperoned the Zoo field trip was in 1st grade...and I swore that I would NEVER do it again! I came home beyond stressed out and had a splitting headache! Well..I was feeling a little guilty having not spent as much time with Eastons class this year so I decided I'd do it again! It was actually not too bad! Amazing what a couple of years can do for my stress level! We had a pretty good little group and we had a great time seeing all of the animals. We found out that this is the perfect time to go to the Hogle Zoo because the animals are really active, and many of them had just had babies! Really cool! Easton allowed little brother Jace to tag along! We were really glad!
Our group: Paula, Nick, Easton, and Austin
Best Buddies...Easton and Brayden at lunchtime.

9 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

You are such a good mom!

Aundrea said...

I get to go to the zoo this Friday with Maika's class:) Hopefully it will go as smoothly as your's!!

Arah Debra said...

Fun! Gavin and I have been trying to go to the zoo but with spring breaks the Zoo has been way too crazy. Was it very busy for you guys?

Autumn said...

Arah..Not busy at all! Almost dead! All of the animals were awake and having lunch..I've never been when they have been like that! Jace loved it! We went at 9:30 am by the time we left it was starting to get busy. You should totally go soon!

Rochelle said...

I have to brag a little about the Portland Zoo, It ROCKS! Im gald you had such a good time!

Teri said...

It looks like fun. You are brave, it looks like you had a good little group. We've been wanting to go to the zoo, maybe now would be a good time.

Jodi Jo said...

I can't wait to do these things with my kids classes!! (That was sarcastic, which does not translate through the keyboard. Let me know what you think of 'I Heard that Song Before'. I just bought it and am finishing the book I'm on right now before I read it.

Chelsea said...

Wow! That is really good to know. I was thinking that the weather was too cold right now, but maybe not. You are a great Mom and a great example to me!

Marci said...

Our zoo field trip is pretty crazy too, so I make Brian go! I'm glad you had a good time though. I should brave it sometime and go myself! To be honest, I have lived here for 3 years and have never been to the Portland zoo. After Rochelle's comment, I guess I really do need to go.