CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

It Was Bound To Happen!

Anybody remember this post?
Here's the story:
(While I was at Costco) Easton and his buddy Davy pushed the skateboard ramp up against the fence (yes the skateboard ramp was involved). They were running up the ramp and jumping on the top of the ramp and over the fence into the backyard. CRAZY! (remember I was at Costco)! On one of Easton's attempts his shoe got caught on the top of the fence and he went flying head/arm first into the ground. He ended up with a bloody nose, top teeth through the bottom lip, and a broken arm. He called me and told me he was bleeding and he couldn't move his arm. So I told him to go wake up his dad (who had worked all night the night before) and call me back. Bryan called me back a minute later and told me to come home because he was pretty sure his arm was broken. While we were in the ER Bryan and I decided we didn't think it was really broken because he was being so tough! When the x-rays came back they showed that he had broken 2 bones just below the growth plate! What a trooper!
Easton in the ER...thinking about the baseball season he is going to miss.Two days later...feeling better. Off to the pediatrician to get a hard cast on.
Prepping his arm
He wanted a green cast but they were all out, so he went with the blue. Good choice bud! Blue to match his beautiful blue eyes!All done.And here he is riding his ripstick about 4 hrs after the cast was put on...let's hope we don't have 2 broken arms!

18 comments:

Danelle said...

Man, he IS one tough dude. Breaking 2 bones? Seems like he should be crying and flailing about a bit more while in the hospital.

The question is...was he wearing his helmet, unlike he is in the rip-stick photo?

Hopefully, that's the last of the emergency room for this summer season. Good luck.

Jodi Jo said...

You called it! He looks so sad in those pictures. Your pediatrician is the same one we took Landen to when he had to get stitches the day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully, you won't have to visit the ER again any time soon.

Jason and Kristin said...

I guess we saw that one coming. So sad.

Rochelle said...

A broken arm and no helmet out htere four hours later...sounds just like something Talon would do.
And telling them I told you so does no good. Good luck!

Aundrea said...

Poor kid! He is one tough dude!

Lisa said...

POOR Easton! Glad he's okay!

Chelsea said...

LOL! That is so sad, but I keep laughing because you totally called it. BOYS!

Arah Debra said...

Poor kid! Just in time for summer. Doesn't look like it slowed him down though.

Mandi said...

now shouldn't you be having a girls night? At least that's what happened on my night! Oh what fun in the dr's...way to be a trooper Easton!

Cami said...

Man, I can't believe it happened and that he was being so tough. Wow! Poor guy. Fortunately it will heal quickly because he is young.

Cami said...

As you might have noticed, I haven't been on the computer much, I am just really not in the mood to blog or read blogs lately, so I have missed quite a bit of stuff! Therefore, I had to comment again. The Lagoon pics were great. So glad our girls got to do it again this year. Way fun in the rain too (not!)

The popcorn thing... HAHAAAA!! About time you got caught! :P :) Love that about you.
and... poor Emmy. Hope she is all better now. (she should be because you posted forever ago.

Amy Jones said...

Oh Autumn...I know I should be saying "poor Easton" but I'm really just thinking "poor Autumn". Sometimes it's no fun being right all the time.

Sorry!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow that sucks. What a tough guy.

Lewis Family said...

Oh no. What a bummer right before summer break. Eli broke his thumb this time of year, a couple years ago. He asked the dr if he could still play baseball and he said sure. It took him a couple practices to figure it out- but he played several games with his cast on and actually played well. I hope it doesn't mess Easton's summer up too much and that you don't go crazy in the meantime! :)

Teri said...

Oh my! Poor Easton, what a toughy! At least he was having fun when he did it.

KerrieLeigh said...

He'll have a great story to tell when he is older. Those dang shoes/shoe laces can be a detriment! (Almost the same thing happened to Kevin when he was little. Broke his arm in two places, but he ended up with pins. Do you remember his awesome scars?)Glad he made it through okay.

Danelle said...

Looking forward to a new post! yippee!

Heats said...

Oh my! I remember awhile back when you posted first about the skateboard ramp. Was that you who had doubts?? Poor guy, brave though!