CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Broken Arm Waiting to Happen

After Easton got his skateboard he was talking to his dad about skateboarding and Bryan mentioned that he and Ryan had built a ramp for their skateboards when they were younger. This set the brilliant idea in motion....we need a skateboard ramp!
Because Easton has the best dad around, within two days, he was the proud owner of a new skateboard ramp.
I'm posting this picture of Easton just to demonstrate to everyone that I have to take 2 pictures every time I take a photo with this kid in it. He always, and I mean always makes a goofy face in the first shot. As soon as I take it I yell at him and take another one. This time I decided to post the crazy face...maybe one day I'll post all of the pics that I take of him to see what he thinks...hmm....nah...he'll probably think it's funny.


By the way this whole skateboard ramp thing makes me real nervous. I'm sure I'll be posting a broken arm photo in no time.

21 comments:

Jules said...

What a lucky kid! The ramp looks nice. I'll be waiting for the broken arm post.

Lisa said...

Or maybe the broken arm of a neighbor? Remember when Codi broke her back on our trampoline? She wasn't the only one but even with all the accidents it provided some great memories!

Natelli Johnston said...

what a cool dad! I am so excited for camp ;D

KerrieLeigh said...

Wow, that brings back memories of that huge ramp in their backyard! What a nice dad to do that for him. Has Brian been trying it out too? I had forgotten about Codi's broken back at Lisa's house. LOL! I know it really wasn't funny.....but it was!

Danelle said...

Maybe you could put the ramp near a trampoline, then when he falls he'll bounce...or break two arms? Might I suggest a helmet and pads?

Unknown said...

I remember when Codi broke her back. Maybe you should have Brain give it a try.

Jeremy Lyman said...

Ahhhhhh...The "Enchanted" ramp. We almost flunked out of high school, skipping class to go "work on the ramp". I wonder if Ryan still has any of the sweet vintage videos we made.
It's to bad our movie "Dork or Die" never got off the ground. It's never to late.
And as Aggroman once said:
Shuuuuut Uuuuuup!.....I'm goin' street ridin'!
(that's an insider...Bryan and Ryan will know what I'm talking about)

Jodi Jo said...

Wow, what a lucky kid! I'll bet they have a blast with it. Happy (late) Birthday Easton!

Rochelle said...

WHERE IS HIS HELMET?

Marilyn said...

Good luck Autumn. Kolton broke his ankle last year skateboarding and had to have surgery. He was on crutches for 8 weeks, no fun!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, skateboard + ramp + ice. I hope you have good insurance! Although, just remember not many boys let a cast on their arm stop them from skateboarding, so it could be two broken arms!

Chelsea said...

Cool! Lucky kid and a great dad!

maryam said...

Tom has had more skateboarding accidents than he can remember... Even as an adult! He broke his arm skate boarding the day he returned home from his mission. Boys will be boys.

Jason and Kristin said...

Good luck with that. Call me from the ER! See you Wed. night.

Cami said...

Brian is the BEST dad EVER! How cool of him to just go build his son a ramp! Way to go! Easton cracks me up with his funny faces. Those are the best. :) I think you SHOULD so a post of all the funny faces through the years. That would be funny. (btw, I would be freaked out too... ER here we come!)

Arah Debra said...

Lisa's comment brought back so many memories! That would make me really nervous too. But what a good dad to build that for him and so quickly too.

Jacci said...

oh boy! Corey thinks he needs to come try it out!

Heats said...

Yeah, pretty much I would never let J build something like that. Scary! Be careful!

Shay said...

Wow, that takes me back. I think that Bryan's ramp was the first in Blanding! Now all the kids will say..."Easton, your dad is soooo cool."

tanya.... said...

Tell him Uncle Trent is coveting it. I think you should plan a family party and see what the bros can do! Trent thinks they need to get together and make a half pipe for the neighborhood. I think that East is one lucky kid to have such a great dad!!! Have fun be safe, but remember we only live once!! Love ya

Teri said...

Connor saw the skeleton of the ramp, and said "WOW! what's that?" I laughed and said, looks like a ramp! Pretty sweet. East is super lucky, so is Connor to have a super lucky neighbor friend. haha