CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Things I Treasure About My Grandma

Me And My Grandma
  • Fabric shopping

  • Swimming at night...NOT getting her hair wet

  • Riding on the back of the moped to Alphabeta to buy groceries

  • Swinging on the porch swing, while she sang to me

  • Riding Splash Mountain, and her trying to recurl her hair with her lipstick container after getting soaked!

  • When the bird pooped on her head while we were visiting the Queen Mary

  • Watching her sew and make dolly clothes

  • Cuddling in her bed watching tv

  • The smell of her perfume

  • The sound of her voice

  • The sight of her hands

  • Visiting her mom, my Great Grandma Black

  • Watching she and Great Grandma Nielson make honey candy

  • Her Cauliflower Soup (or casserole soup as Camry thinks it's called)

  • Going to the cabin in Strawberry

  • Giggling and playing games all night with her and my Aunt Jeanne

  • Being born on her 25th wedding anniversary

  • Hearing stories of her childhood

  • Murphy Brown (her dog)
  • Meeting 1/2 way between Blanding and Phoenix at the Cameron Trading Post
  • Going to visit Grandpa at the Pottery Shop
  • Driving to see Jack and Bonn and the mink farms, and blowing bubbles with our gum the whole way

These are just a few of my most fond memories of my Grandma Northern. I wanted to wish her a happy birthday....even though I have no idea how old she is! If I ask she tells me she's "fifty-through". Thank you Grandma for being a light in my life! I treasure our special relationship and I love you more than you'll ever know! Happy Birthday....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sonunds like you have a wonderful Grandma. I also have a wonderful Grandma. Heres to Grandma's!

Rochelle said...

Aren't Grandma's the best! I'll second Jenny, "here's to grandma's"!

Don Northern said...

Thank you for all your happy times with your Grandma, you made my day.Grandpa and I are having a great time hunting for a new car, for grandma. We may have to go to Las Vegas to find it so we will spend a night there. Boo Hoo. Loved your coments about your times with grandma!

I love my Autumn
Grandma.

Don Northern said...

The last comment was written by Grandma.....she's determined to learn to use a computer. By the way her age is 59 plus shipping, handling, and monthly maintenance charges. (or 74)

Aundrea said...

I loved reading about your memeories! She sounds awesome:)

Arah Debra said...

What wonderful tribute! Grandmas are the best!!

Lisa said...

Very sweet - you made me realize how much I need to call my grandma, thanks for the reminder!

tanya.... said...

That is such a good idea. What would we do with out them. My Grandma is the best also. Love ya

Chelsea said...

That makes me so happy that you still have a Grandma to celebrate with! Grandma's really are angels here on earth.

KerrieLeigh said...

I love it! Wish I had a grandma around. Sometimes people don't realize how lucky they are.