There are certain types of drugs that I know my body cannot handle. I know I can't take Demerol without throwing up uncontrollably, I know I can't take Benadryl without sleeping for a week, etc . This week I discovered that NyQuil is not my friend.Our family has been passing around this terrible cold/cough flu bug for a week now and of course I'm the last one to get it. So I decided to take the nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine...you know....so I could rest. Well when I got up for work on Thursday morning I realized what a bad idea that was. I'm pretty sure that if I were given a sobriety test I would have failed! Seriously....it has now been over 24 hrs since I've taken it and I am STILL feeling it. So...Nyquil....has been added to my list of NEVER AGAINS!
Here's to feeling better....naturally.....
12 comments:
OK, we have truly missed you for the last two days. WIll you quit it already? Meds or not, just come back!! Cami's B-day, aide Friday night...I want you better.
Quit the sauce and try chicken soup:) Need some? Love, Jess
I am so sorry you are sick. I really hope you feel better soon. My favorite line in your post was: "... you know... so I could rest." ha! That made me smile because it was actually quite funny! :) Sleep, sleep and rest and then sleep some more so we can do our make-up lunch. It wasn't the same without you.
Loves
Did you know that some people drink that stuff to get a buzz? Crazy, huh? It has a lot of alcohol in it. Guess you wouldn't make a very good drinker. :) Hope you get rid of it soon.
Sorry you have been sick. Asa had the flu and I had a sinus infection. No fun for sure. Are your parents really moving back to Blanding?
Autumn, you're only supposed to gag down a little bit, not the entire bottle! Sorry you're sick.
I think you have a low tolerance threshold. Those labels that say don't operate heavy machinery until you know how this medicine affects you were meant for people like you. Get well soon!
Autumn you are a light weight. We should have had Sean come over and give you a sobriety test just to see. It just makes my belly warm and helps me sleep. I'm sorry your sick. I hope you are better really soon.
I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I can't take anything either...... Terrible. I second your, healing naturally. Hope that you feel better soon.
I second the "it's because you are a lightweight!" What a bummer none-the-less! I hate that stuff - it gives me nightmares! Try the "netty pot!" Ask the people at Wal-Mart about it - it has saved us lately, and it's all natural! Get well soon!
I'm totally with you on that one. I HATE that stuff. I hope you're feeling better.
I know exactly what you mean. It knocks me out, and I wake up with a hangover....
You poor thing, I wish I did not have to tend to my three kids so I could come and take care of ya like I know you would do for me!!
Post a Comment