Today should be a happy day right?! Ya...maybe if I wasn't so selfish! I can't help but be teary and sad that my in laws went home! I know how excited they were to be home after this incredibly long 6 month journey, so I am happy for them. Just sad for myself!! Jace already asked once today what time Grandma would be home. Bring on the tears buddy!!
I compiled a list of all of the things I will miss about the best roommate ever...and you too Grandpa...
~A Dishwasher that is magically emptied daily
~Folded Laundry
~Bathed Kids
~Seeing Grandpa and Grandma in the carpool line after Kindergarten
~Fried Zucchini (that's right Amy R. I said fried..)
~Completed Homework
~Rides to and from Karate
~Gallons of Milk and Cheese that magically appear
~Meals Out
~Fresh vegetables out of my garden that I didn't have to pick
~Free Babysitting
~Laughter at all of my dumb jokes
~Compliments
~Games played and books read to kids
~Backyard games of 'keep away'
~Grandpa's goal of throwing up in every restaurant in the valley :)
~Getting Grandma on a bike for the first time in 45 yrs
~Navajo Tacos (see below)
15 comments:
Thanks I have not cried in about a couple hours! Ha Ha We also thank Grandma and Grandpa for EVERYTHING you have done for us and offered to our family!! You are on your trek home and you offer to come and take kids or help with our Hurricane Halliday! We love you and are incredibly thankful for all you do for us!! Now go sell that house! We love you!
I'm so happy for them, but still sad for you. I'm sure it will take everyone some time to get used to them not being there. Hopefully they'll sell the house soon. *fingers crossed*
It's amazing how much they did for others in a time when they needed so much. What amazing people.
I'm sorry they left. Just by reading your blog I feel as if I will miss them too and I don't even know them! Sounds like you have an amazing family.
They seem like the best of the best! You guys are so lucky! I'm glad he is well enough to go home!!
By the way, I love your "Thriller" night with the SIL's. How fun!
I think it is so great that you have such a great relationship with them....It is really neat they are trying to sell their house to be close to all of you. Talk about perfect house guests!
We enjoyed every second they stayed with us too! They are the best in laws ever!
Man, where can I find me one of those?! Even though it is sad they went home, I am so glad Mike was to that point. At least now you will have time apart and appreciate them even more when they come back!
Ok, ok. That was way better than a fleece blanket, DVD, and snacks. I admit it. They will love the post. I am going to miss seeing Linda too! We had fun doing puzzles together! Plus, I am partial to her because she thinks I'm funny. That's always a plus. :) You are one lucky chick to have such great in-laws. They are awesome!!
Wow!! That is a great room mate! Your kids are so lucky to have such great grandparents. I hope they sell their house soon too. I think I'll miss them too just from reading about them all of the time.
I don't blame you for wanting them back. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll sell that house soon.
Oh that is so sad! I know that it's been so nice for you guys to have them so close for so long. My mom only lives a mile away now, but I certainly do miss that dishwasher getting emptied magically. We still get lots of other great time with her though.
Call me if you need extra kleenex...or a shoulder to cry on. Sorry that they are gone, but super happy that Grandpa is doing so well.
Wow, lots of perks! : )
I know you can't wait for them to sell their house but I bet it'll make you a little sad too. When my parents actually moved away from Blanding it was so weird, like this connection (to the town) I didn't even know was there was severed. In the end everyone loved having them closer though!
YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED - come to my blog for your treat!
I know exactly how you feel about Grandpa and Grandma. We love Uncle Mike and Aunt Linda too and are so happy he is doing so well.
Post a Comment