
I love little boys! Apparently my youngest child has chosen to take up collecting rocks on my kitchen table. He's been working on this all day....I didn't realize they were on the kitchen table until I went in there to grab a snack. Hmmm...What do you suggest I do with these? I know one thing...they are not staying there! But he
NEEDS them and apparently can't live without them. I suggested the garage...he didn't like that idea. Anybody have any great ideas on how to display a giant rock collection?
13 comments:
I'm thinking your best bet is to talk him into a "rock garden". One time we just had Graham paint the rocks so he felt special and then when he looked away I threw them back into nature. Good luck!
Tyler and Maika are always bringing rocks home, we have a rock family or village, it's ridiculous!
LOL, that is hilarious. I'm sure that you don't think it is so funny, especially with them on your kitchen table. I love Kristin's idea of the rock garden. I think that is a super cool idea. Connor has a rock collection but they are much smaller rocks, it still bugs me to no end, he has a bin in his room that he gets to keep his rocks in. Good luck with that, just don't throw them over the fence please, haha.
My kids have started painting their rocks and giving them to us as gifts. Then we are really stuck with them cause you don't want to hurt their feelings. We have a nice rock garden that never dies!
I put Kates rocks in a fish bowl (there is no fish or water in it). Then they are all in one place and he can still see them.
We have tons of rocks at our house too. I find them underbeds in dressers but mine aren't quit that big. I think he needs a rock garden outside.
HAHAHAHAHA!! Okay, if it were my son, they would be in the top drawer of his dresser...on TOP of the clean underwear and socks. Wait, there are some already there!!
Good luck finding somewhere to put those sweet rocks. Gavin is always bringing his rock collections in the house. Luckily they're not that big and I can usually throw them out without him noticing.
Hi Autumn!
Can you believe I am actually commenting. I know I haven't in forever but I just have been a bit busy. Nothing special really, but you know, just couldn't quite find the time. But now, I have a few minutes to make a suggestion. Just let him display his rocks for a little while and pretty soon they won't be so special and you can "send them to the farm". :) My kids are always collecting stuff and this works great. Good luck! ha
I'm sorry I made you burn your dinner. Did everyone eat the yummy chicken anyway? Sonic was fabulous, I can feel the burger and tots in my butt where they belong. ugh. I'm glad you joined, it will be fun to sparkle our sinks together..
When your crafty self figures out how to work with the rocks, let me know and I'll copy you. I usually let them hang out on dressers until they forget about them and then throw them outside for them to re-find another day:)
shesh! And I thought I colleted rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shesh! And I thought I colleted rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment