A while ago the kids and I were driving in the car. For some reason one of them asked me "If Dad was sick or hurt and couldn't work, what would happen?" I said, "Well, then Mom would have to go to work." Easton gave this exasperated sigh and said, "Mommies don't work!" I thought that was so cute and have always felt so fortunate to be able to stay home with them.
Now that my baby is going to Kindergarten next week, it was time for me to return to the workforce. I happened to score the best job in the world...working at the school that my kids go to, as a Teacher's Aide. I love that I get to be near the kids and have the same hours and holidays as they do.
I've been working all week....Jace has been home with Dad and Grandma because Kindergarten doesn't start until next week. It almost brings me to tears everyday to walk in the door and be greeted by my little guy and the dog. They are so happy to see me! Today I walked in and sat on the couch to rest my aching feet...(see previous toe post...hahaha) Anyway, I sat down and suddenly had a 5 yr old AND a dog fighting for my attention...on my lap! Jace was lifting up his shirt and asking to be tickled and Emmy was annoyingly licking my arms. In the end Jace won the battle and poor Emmy sulked for a while on the floor next to my feet.
I'm so glad that my two little guys are so happy to see me when I walk in the door. It brightens up my day! It is so good to be loved! Wonder if Bryan could be trained to be this excited to see me.....
18 comments:
You're a good writer Autumn! You put the words together just right. How's the toe? Poor thing, that looks and sounds painful! That's great about your job, the school is lucky to have you. I'd be happy to help you with the videos. I could spend all day making them. It's really fun. Just tell me when, I'll be there to help you!
That's the perfect job!
I bet if you came home in something lacey and black, Bryan would be that happy to see you:)
that is great! I have always worked, so I am totally jealous! I dont' think husbands train that way, if they are excited to see us they don't want us to know because they want to keep us guessing!
Good luck with working!
Even moms and grandmas fight for your attention...you're the best!! So glad you're "my Autumn"
I'm happy that you have a great job that fits so well with your family.... but I hate that you are gone in the mornings now! Can't call you and it bugs! Doesn't it make you feel so good when your family is so happy to see you when you come home? I loved that you wrote that. Made me laugh about Brian though, I don't know if that CAN be trained. I liked the black and lacy idea though. Try it!
What a perfect job for you. Lucky girl! That's so cute that Jace and Emmy were fighting over your attention. Of course you're that loved. Your a great mom!
BTW, we are going to do Karate again, but I think we might wait untill soccer is over. Soccer ends Oct. 11th. When are you guys starting up?
My mom feels the same way about her dog and my dad. They wonder why you love the dogs so much but its because they are always so happy to see you. Hope work has been going good and I'll see you this afternoon.
It is so hard leaving kids and heading off to work! I hope you are enjoying your new job.
I'm so glad you work at the school. I know if my kids ever need anything, you're already a step closer than me. Three more years and I'm sure I'll be there with you...maybe we can share some "sloppy joes" or something...still hoping there will be a cafeteria opening then...
I was going to call you yesterday to see how the job was going. I'm glad you updated us. Nope, you didn't miss my birthday, it's next month. I think we should have a girls night to celebrate, don't you?
I would greet you with a kiss everyday! It's nice when our kids appreciate us!
Sounds like the perfect job for you! That's what I always loved about my parents' teaching jobs, they got to be home when I was!
For the record...I miss you too. There have been a couple times I was going to call you this week and suddenly remembered you weren't going to be there. I sulked a little, too.
Ahhh... That's so sweet. You are such a great mom! That's really neat that you are working at their school. Oh, would you really want Bryan THAT happy to see you???
It would probably be gross if I greeted you at Lakeview with a lick, but I'm no less excited to see you in the morning!
Sweet post! Loves
Seriously So Blessed was freakin' huh-larious! Thanks.
Cute story....I agree with Aundrea. Congrats on your new job!
That is so cute!! When you figure out how to train your husband to be excited to see let me know!! hopefully it will work for mine too! I have a confession, I copyed your blog title for my dads birthday. it was just too perfect I had to use it too. I am glad that you are liking your job. dumb that you have to work right when I am about to move closer to you!
Post a Comment