CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bone Marrow Transplant

Our Grandpa Mike is moving from the Huntsman Center to The University of Utah Hospital today where he will begin the bone marrow transplant process. He will have 6 days of intensive chemotherapy followed by 1 day of rest.
After resting for a day he will receive Aunt Deann's bone marrow. Then...100 long days in the hospital. The doctor's and our family are optimistic about this meaning a full recovery for Mike. We can't wait to have our Grandpa feeling better so he can play with us! I'm thinking another family trip is in order! :) Thank you for your continued prayers!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow a 100 days. Will he be able to have vistors. My parents are coming up they should go see him. Good luck Mike we are praying for you.

Autumn said...

The doctors said that yes he can have visitors so long as they are completely healthy and wash hands.

KerrieLeigh said...

Wow, that is a long time, but whatever it takes, right? He looks in good spirits in the picture. Good luck Mike, hang in there!

Aubri n Scott said...

Your family is VERY MUCH in our prayers! We have an Uncle going through something like this. Good Luck!

Jason and Kristin said...

I haven't forgotten about him. I think of him every night when I say my prayers. Thanks for the update and wish him good luck from us!

Rochelle said...

He looks so happy with all of the kids around him! Give him our love and our prayers are with all of you!

Chelsea said...

I've been thinking about him. He's in my prayers. Thanks for the update. He looks like he loves having his grandkids there. You have a great family!

Cotter said...

wow! good luck!!

Cami said...

Best wishes! 100 days is only a minute compared to all the life his has yet to live. Small price to pay to be healthy again! You do whatever it takes and it will be worth it in the end.

Natelli Johnston said...

GOod luck with everything Atumn, I hope it goes great!

Mandi said...

Good Luck Grandpa Mike. YOu will make a full recovery, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Teri said...

That is such a great picture, look at all of those wonderful reasons he has to fight so hard. I think your right about the family vaca, you'll all have to celebrate when it's over. Thanks for letting Connor play so long today, he had too much fun.