I was a Pioneer Day scrooge this year! I don't really know why...but I didn't even dress up my kids in red/white/blue!.....we did HOWEVER have a great party!
We barbecued, played Apples to Apples (which we're all pretty sure was rigged since Ryan's family took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place), we rocked out to some rock band, roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and did some fireworks. Thank you to Aunt Laura and Uncle Ryan for hosting our party!

We barbecued, played Apples to Apples (which we're all pretty sure was rigged since Ryan's family took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place), we rocked out to some rock band, roasted marshmallows, made s'mores, and did some fireworks. Thank you to Aunt Laura and Uncle Ryan for hosting our party!

I think the "big kids" got into this more than the little ones!
East our drummer boy
Seriously...he wasn't too bad! Uncle Jeff is always up for making us all laugh until our bellies hurt!
Look how Maddie is sitting just like Aunt Laura! So cute!
Derek helping Jace and Garet get their S'mores ready
Grandma likes her S'mores!

East our drummer boy
Seriously...he wasn't too bad! Uncle Jeff is always up for making us all laugh until our bellies hurt!
Look how Maddie is sitting just like Aunt Laura! So cute!
Derek helping Jace and Garet get their S'mores ready
Grandma likes her S'mores!
Hey Bonnie...I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to catch them on fire!

Auntie lighting every one's sparklers...I was off duty after last time...my hair is still growing back!

Our little fireworks display
5 comments:
Looks like a great party! BTW I love my marshmellows on fire. I blog 'em out and eat the black layer then put 'em back in and start another fire:)
I was a scrooge also. We did not do anything.....Well i was sick for the last part of the day.
So fun Autumn. You did a much better job of documenting your whole day than I did. I was scrooging that part. I was like, hmm I really should be taking some pictures. Oh well. So now I have a bit of photo envy. Lame!! Save a s'more for me next time will ya? :)
I think Aundrea and I are the only ones that really know how to "roast" a marshmellow...the crunchy layer is the best...so eat and repeat!! I'm glad that you failed to mention my total lack of talent on being the singer on "Rockstar." It's really tough when you don't know the songs!! We had a blast, though!! Thanks, Laura!
LOL on this post. Was there photo coverage of last year?;) And, um how does a family rig Apples to Apples- Sounds like I need this info.
Can't wait for a get-together--- We MUST make it happen before Lakeview is in-session. Do you remember making me the cute "hand bag" for being an aide? Love that memory.
Post a Comment