MORNING OF THE 4TH

Grandma and Grandpa with the kids

Thank you Grandma Gail for always supplying us with cute Fourth of July gear!
Nemi and Camry....it's so fun for Camry to have a girl cousin her same age...these girls are 4 months apart in age. One extreme to the other!
Camry, Nemi, Jace, and Easton in the back of Grandpa's truck. These city kids thought this was one of the coolest things about Blanding....getting to break the rules and ride in the back of the truck!
PARADE
Grandma and Sage all set to watch the parade.

Garet and Jace...bags in hand....ready for the candy fest!

Me and my Maddie at the parade

Making sure everybody's bags are the same size!

Grandpa and Camry hanging out in the shade...it was a HOT one!
This picture is for
Rochelle and Jeremy....we were laughing so hard that the D fell off this float....read it in Navajo and you'll get it! :)

Uncle Colby and Sage waiting for some smarties!
Easton and Kaleb...the boys had a great weekend together!
DIVING FOR DOLLARS
Diving for Dollars: money is thrown on the bottom of the pool. The kids are split into age groups and dive for the money.
Garet and Jace before they "dove for dollars"
This is Jace trying his HARDEST to get to the bottom of the pool....for some reason little bodies just seem to float! I almost fell in trying to push his head down to the bottom to help him out.

This is a picture worth a thousand words....the little boys holding their "charity" coins.
Mass chaos in the 9/10 year old group....these kids were out for blood!
Every time Easton came up for air he looked over to make sure I was watching. This is him with his hand full of money! Way to go bud! East is always so giving...before he even got out of the water he gave Kaleb, Garet, and Jace all a coin.
BARBEQUE
Sage was having some "Naked Time" in Aunt Karen' s pool.
Uncle Danny and my Dad tending the burgers. Thank you Aunt Karen and Uncle Danny for having us and my whole family over for dinner...you're the best!

2 of my favorite babies....Maddie and Sage.

Sage really loved Maddie. He followed her around pointing at her saying, "pwetty!" So cute!

Uncle Jeff entertaining the kids on the tramp....luckily no stitches were needed during this event.

What more can a boy need....olives and cheetos! Yummy!
FIREWORKS
Ciana, Nemi, and Camry hanging out at the Fireworks.

Maddie and Grandma Linda taking a resty.

Garet and Jace, glow sticks in hand waiting for the big show.

Jace and my lovely self....it was a hot, sweaty, long day!

Dawson, Lance, Easton, and Kaleb playing the gameboy before the fireworks started.
10 Things I Loved About The Day:
1. Spending the whole day with both my family and Bryan's.
2. Getting to see all of our Arizona family together.
3. Hanging out at Aunt Karen's (it's always a party)
4. Watching the small town parade and seeing so many familiar faces
6. Lighting a billion sparklers for the kids and burning my arm hair off
7. Cheering my kids on while they dove for dollars
8. Taking a much needed nap
9. My little guy falling asleep on my lap during the fireworks
10. How many hundreds of people stopped me and asked me about my father in law.....I love what a close knit community Blanding is!
15 comments:
GREAT POST!! I was laughing so hard during most of it!! So cute the pictures of Sage and Maddie...she's only two and already turning heads!! We had a great time!! Thanks so much to your family for letting us tag along in the fun!
That was a great post! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in the sun. Also thank you for all of your help on my blog.
Man I haven't been there in such a long time, your post made me a little homesick. So glad you all had such a great time, you are the most devoted picture taker I know!
What a fun holiday! I really need to go to Blanding some time soon. My kids are so interested in seeing where I grew up and they think it is in another country. Sometimes I think it is too. ;)
Looks like you had a good time!
Autumn I lovvvved your post!! So fun to see all the events of the day. It made me smile to see Camry standing next to her same age cousin and being dwarfed by her. It is the same with Emily. ha! You guys looked like you had a blast. Next year we're coming with! You and your brother look exactly the same!! Holy cow! So fun to see. I loved it loved it.
I forgot to post one thing.... my favorite picture is the one with Jace right after the diving for money contest. ha!! The poor thing. A picture DEFINITELY is worth a thousand words. So funny!
looks like you had a really fun time! missed you all! love you!
I saw the picture before I read under it, and I was laughing thinking they did that on purpose! Ohh that is dang funny! Stan in up for da lan a da fre! Love ya and Im sorry we didn't make it!
That looked so fun! I love the diving for dollars. Seriously, Lehi used to be small like that until we all showed up :)
That was a fun 4th of July this year in Blanding. The fire works were so good. Oh and the best part there were no fights lol!!
Look like a fun 4th. I actually really miss the 4th of July in Blanding. Maybe next year...
Oh yeah, and I loved the sign! Perfect.
It was a blast to go to B-town again for the 4th:) I was so glad I finally found you at the fireworks, it was so much fun to visit with people I hadn't seen in years!
I'm glad Linda and you all got a little rest before the stress of this week. I'm thinking about you all and hoping for a speedy recovery for Mike!!
So sad that we missed it! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment