I had one of those moments this morning where I thought...maybe all of my efforts as a mother are not in vain....I've started collecting my kids things in a basket when they leave them out, then they have to do a job to recover 1 item. I have discovered that I am not wonder woman and cannot keep on top of everything! I tried to kindly explain this to my children...in one ear and out the other...thus the reason for the basket. Needless to say my kids hate my new idea. We had a minor melt down last night when Jace had to go to bed without his blankie! Easton went to school in shoes that he detests because his other two pair are in the basket. -So, this morning there was a huge pile of books that had been left on the floor from last night. Jace started to put them all back in the bookshelf, so I told him thank you and that he could get one thing out of the basket. He has some prized possessions in there such as, his blankie, his new Halloween Spiderman Costume, a few of his favorite swords, etc. Guess what he picked?! Eastons Heeley's! He said, "Mom I am going to get Easton's Heeley's so he can wear them after school." ...now maybe this had nothing to do with anything I have ever tried to drill into his brain, but just for today I am going to pretend like it did! I am a happy mom today, and I have the sweetest little boy ever!!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is such a sweet story. At first I thought he wanted Easton's heely's for himself. I need to try the basket but I might overwhelm my kids if I do this on top of the sugar.
That is really sweet.
I love that I idea! I think I'll start now while Lisa and all my family are here. And I'm even going to use it on the adults.
What a sweeeeet story Autumn!!
Our rewards in life come from many diferent directions, and at the most unexpected times, but they do come. The hard part sometimes is to recognize them when appear.
Congratulations. Love You...
He is such a sweet little boy! I love him so much. Good idea maybe I will try also.
That brought a tear to my eye! What a sweet brother...
What a great brother!!!
Post a Comment