My sweet tiny Grandma Otto passed away today. I'm still in shock. In recent years she had started to decline, but because I hadn't had the chance to visit her I never got to see my Grandma anything other than healthy, active, and alert.
My Grandma was an amazing little lady. Going to Grandmas was always such a treat. Icecream "Pushups" and 7-Up were always in stock in Grandma's Refrigerator/Freezer...and you didn't even have to ASK!! A dream come true!
My Grandma and Grandpa were always very active. I remember LONG walks every evening out in the California sunshine. Grandma loved to travel. She was amazing with a map. I think if "The Amazing Race" would have been around 15 yrs ago, she and Grandpa would have taken 1st place with no problem! They were world travelers. She never went on a trip without sending postcards while she was gone, then a care package to the kids when she returned. My kids have T-shirts from Grandma Otto from all over the country!
One of my favorite memories of Grandma was watching her put her makeup on before going to work at the Library in California. She always wore green or blue eyeliner. She would let me choose which color I wanted her to wear. I thought she was beautiful and felt important to be making such a big decision! Walking to pick Grandma up from work at the library was always fun too. Grandpa built a stroller that Colby could ride in and I could stand on the back of so our little legs wouldn't get tired. I remember thinking how lucky Grandma was to get to work in a LIBRARY! I'm thankful to my Grandma for instilling in me a love of books.
I am going to miss my Grandma Otto more than words can say but I'm so thankful for the amazing legacy that she left behind. I hope to be half the woman that she was. I love you Grandma...until we meet again....
Grandma Otto, Autumn, Camry, Mom
Grandpa Otto, Autumn, Camry, and Grandma Otto
Easton and Camry with Grandma. Giving them their T-Shirts she picked up on one of her many trips.
Grandma and Jace. She was always so good with babies. I'm so thankful that all of my kids got a chance to meet and know their Great Grandma.
19 comments:
I'm so sorry Autumn. What a beautiful tribute to her.
So sorry Autumn. She sounds like an amazing woman.
thanks Autumn. That's just how I remember her...you're the best, and so was she. I love you, mom
she sounded like a wonderful person! The perfect grandma...you don't have to ASK for treats and they are always in stock:) Thanks for sharing your memories of her and I'm sorry for you and your family's loss!
What a wonderful tribute! You are such a wonderful person and I am so sorry to you and your family for your loss. xoxo
I'm sorry for this sad time. I hope your mom is doing well under the circumstances.
What a beautiful tribute!
Aww Autumn, my grandma passed away this month too so I know how you're feeling right now. ((((hugs)))) I'm just so thankful to know that we'll get to see our loved ones again! Sorry for your loss.
Autumn, that was such a touching tribute...you ARE definitely taking after such a wonderful woman. Sending love your way...
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful Lady. I wish I were lucky enough to know her too! I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. LOVE you xo :)
I am so sorry Autumn. Losing a family member is never easy. I will keep you and you family in my prayers.
I feel like I know her now too. So sorry she passed away but what an amazing legacy she left in you!
I'm so sorry. Really, I am. She is a beautiful lady and I'm glad that I got to read your tribute to her.
I'm so sorry. Really, I am. She is a beautiful lady and I'm glad that I got to read your tribute to her.
I love you, Autumn. I am sad for your loss and yet happy your Grandma Otto is in Heaven:)
I hope your trip to Cali is a giant,happy family reunion.
I'm so sorry Autumn. She was a beautiful lady. You and your mom look so much like her. That was a wonderful tribute.
I am sorry Autumn. You are so lucky to have known such a beautiful person...inside and out. It sounds like she was a wonderful person.
I am so sorry, I should check the blogs out more. I had no idea that she passed away. See you tomorrow.
I just finished posting about my grandma passing away last week and then clicked over to find out your grandma did too! Sorry Autumn. Lets just say that they are up there having a big party...laughing at all our craziness. Right? :)
Love ya!
I was so sorry to hear about gramdma otto. I haven't even had a chance to talk to your mom. From the pictures, it looks like it was a beautiful service.
Love you!
Post a Comment