
One of the things I love about my kids school is that they are learning a second language. Even my little Kindergartner goes to Spanish. Their instructor, Senora Lambson is awesome! At the first of the year all of the kids are assigned a Spanish name, which they are known by in Spanish class for the rest of the year. Here is my conversation I had with Jace:
Me: Hey buddy, how was Spanish today?
Jace: Good
Me: Did you get your Spanish name?
Jace: Yep.
Me: What is it?
Jace: It's not the awesomest name...
Me: It's not?
Jace: No. It's just Juan.
Me: That's a cool name!
Jace: Yea, but not the awesomest.
Me: What's the awesomest name?
Jace: Mario!!!
Duh!! Of course Mario is the awesomest name! What was I thinking even having to ask! I'll have to speak to Senora Lambson...maybe Jace could be Luigi instead of Juan.....Gotta love those Super Mario Bros.
17 comments:
Bummer! Mario is the awesomest name ever. Ask any 5 to 10 year old boy. :-)
I always thought Mario and Luigi were Italian names... ???
Jodi...I'm pretty sure you're right...maybe Mario goes both ways!
I love your posts. My friend told me she likes reading my blog cause it's updated often and I said that it was because of you (are we cousins?-anyways I said you were) cause you kept a journal for your kids and printed a book and I can't wait to do that too! I am excited to print my first book! Thanks AUTUMN!
Jace is cracking me up! Personally I think Juan is a pretty awesome name! Of course the Jones household is a video game free territory...so what do I know.
PS I miss you.
I love it when kids make up words. Awesomest is a great word. He is such a funny kid.
That is so funny!! What a kid! Adri gets spanish at her school everyday. Guess what she picked for her spanish name?? Adriana. She said, "I tricked everyone."
Hey, at least Jace could remember his! Garet forgot his and told me: "It's not for real mom."
What a crack up!
ha! lol that is so funny. Who got the name Mario? I will have to see what Ethan's name is. love it xo
Moi Bien
oh man he never stops making me laugh! I love him. I am sorry we didnt make it to his party.
Hey Autumn, it's Bryan's cousin Kristi, I need to call you but can't find your number anywhere. Will you leave a comment on my blog with your number, I have to moderate my comments so I won't post it.
Thanks
There are a lot of cool famous people named Juan.....Cheer up Jace.
Yeah, like Juan Valdez;)
I was thinking that if he got the name Rahoolio, Juan would look pretty good. Ask me about Rahoolio in the Lynda Barry book sometime- Pee in your pants funny!
Great post.
Oh, and when is your bday again? I know it's close and don't want to miss it.
By the way...I just have to tell you...I love the new fall layout so much..your blog is so cool to look at.(It makes me miss the Utah Mountains this time of year)
Autumn, So great to see your darling family! I'm not even sure if you remember us, but Spencer is your husband's cousin...Ernest's son... Anyway - darling blog! It's fun to keep up with family this way. Check ours out as well (I'm a novice...it's a bit feeble! :) hallidayhavoc.blogspot.com Take care! ---Rani Halliday
Post a Comment