CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break

This Spring Break we traded in our flip flops for our snow boots which was kind of a bummer...but a week off of school and work none the less.





On Friday we headed to Blanding for our traditional Easter Weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Halliday. Waking up to soggy/rainy/mud on Saturday morning was quite the disappointment! Camry's eyes welled up with big tears when I told her we weren't going on our picnic to Recapture Pockets. There was just no way the minivan was making it out there in the mud! So off to the North Chapel we went for Easter Picnic indoors
When did my sweet boy grow up? This year he was feeling a little "too cool" to participate in the egg hunt. Too bad his Mom forced him...he may have even had fun!
Look at Easton trying to hate the egg hunt! ha ha ha
The rule was that you could only gather 10 eggs to start with so that everyone for sure had at least 10. Jace was real careful about how many eggs he had!
Here is Jace with his 10 eggsCamry is so cute with the little kids. Sophie loves her to death! They had so much fun gathering eggs!Easter morning the Easter Bunny found us at Grandmas!
To top off our cold and dreary Spring Break the kids and I went to see Monsters vs Aliens in 3D. Great movie!

I think we all had a fun week...bad weather and all. Now we just have to wait for Summer to arrive!

14 comments:

Jodi Jo said...

Omygoodness! I almost didn't even recognize Easton. He really has grown up!

Danelle said...

First....loving the new background. Second...still bummed that you had to drive past my house to get to the chapel, but I never saw you. Third...glad that you had a break from work and school. Hope to see you next time you're in town. I'm not bitter. I swear. Lisa and Arah stopped in, so now I'm feeling good about myself.

Rochelle said...

EWWW! I hope your loving East of Eden. YOu are however a little behind on the book of the month books...ummm...HELLO!

Easter looks like it was fun. Two, count, one, two, two were to old for it this year. It's suc a strange division in the fam. Seriously.

O.BTW...could you text me your cell, my new phone lost it. Send me a cute pic of you too. Oh yeah..um..do you think you could hop right on it? Thanks that be sick! *giggling at my sick new lingo*

Rochelle said...

If Lisa is still there what would it take to get a copy of that progam you'll did? I'll consider bribery!!

John and Amy Ottesen said...

Love the Easter pictures! Your kids are getting very big!!

Rydgd said...

love love love the new background...so cute! Glad you had a great Easter - looks a tad chilly =)

Laura said...

Will you email me any pictures you have of Der from last weekend? I didn't take a single picture.

Chelsea said...

Holy Moly! Easton looks really different! Last year it was Camry starting to look a lot older. Now, it's Easton! Glad you had a good time. Even if you didn't get to wear flipflops!

KerrieLeigh said...

Love the new layout!!! (Perhaps you are really wanting to do it for someone else?) Easter looks like a lot of fun. Wish this dang weather was better.

Jason and Kristin said...

Welcome back! I'll call you this week about next Sunday's training. Oh, and Easton does look grown up!

Arah Debra said...

Fun Easter! So sad that Easton is already too cool for Easter egg hunts. Tell him to stop growing up so fast.

Jessica said...

Hi, guess I'll see you tomorrow morn. Sad to see Spring Break dwindling. But think of the new chapters of the book we will embark on! Feeling prosey already.
Actually only thinking of 30 days left (30 days left-chant, 30 days left).

Cami said...

LOVE the pictures! :) Especially the one of Easton trying so hard not to have fun! lol! HA! I am liking his new longer locks too, it's a good look! Although, I know it is driving you crazy right? :) I am glad you guys had fun! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever and ever and ever. We need to fix that! xo

Wake Up With Flem! said...

You were in Blanding and didn't stop by? Absolutely crushed and mentally affected for life!!!