CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Popcorn Horder

I had a "light bulb" moment tonight.
Everyone knows how much I love popcorn...well I had no idea that I actually had a problem until tonight! Yesterday afternoon I saw that our gigantic Costco box only had 1 bag of microwave popcorn left inside of it. Last night the kids watched a movie and asked if they could have popcorn, "Nope, not tonight" (selfish I know)
Tonight I went to grab that bag of popcorn. GONE! ...No Way...I seriously panicked! As I'm considering walking the block to Laura's house to borrow some (don't think that I haven't done this more than once) I remembered I had seen a bag in my end table drawer (for real). So I run upstairs....sure enough there is one in there! I was a little disappointed cause it was only a mini bag, but hey better than nothing. As I'm popping up my mini bag I started thinking, "there has got to be more popcorn in that pantry somewhere". So I went on a search. I found another mini bag in with the taco seasoning! Jackpot!
This is when I realized how funny the whole thing was! Oh my gosh I'm like an alcoholic stashing my booze around the house!
I'm going to get a grip...tomorrow...right after I get back from Costco!!

15 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is dang funny ya lush!

Now though whats up with BLoggers block of late? You, me, Nat, Laura never did but now it's a serious block. Let's fuel this bad boy! Thank goodness for Amy, that's my girl, keepin the smiles going for us!

Miss ya love ya!

Lisa said...

Okay, I have the BEST popcorn recipe in the world to forward to you. White Chocolate popcorn. Mmmmmm!

Aundrea said...

So funny! It's always easy to get a grip when you know there's a HUGE Costco box in the pantry...just makes your heart beat a little more regular, huh? :)

Danelle said...

I remember when we were younger, Summer's mom would drive us cleeeeear into town just to buy popcorn at the theatre. Yes, when you live so far away from Costco, a bucket from the movie theatre is pretty much your only option in an emergency. That's probably why I never really developed a taste for it. And how funny, that growing up it seemed like I lived sooooooo far away from "town" and now I realize it's only a 3 minute drive! So funny.

Arah Debra said...

So funny! I feel better about my hording treats from Gavin and his friends. Hope you get your fix today.

Cami said...

You make me laugh! HA! I know what you mean though, I love popcorn too... maybe that's why we get along so well. :) That was a great story though, loved it!! HA! Maybe we should form a group... popanon. Whaddya think?

Amy Jones said...

Oh, if I could only be more like you. It's my goal in life. Truly. My problem is that I hoard CHOCOLATE. Not just any chocolate...Dove with Almonds. That extra several pounds hanging out on my not-so-slender frame starts to make sense, doesn't it?

I'd love to be addicted to popcorn. You're welcome for putting things into perspective. :)

Shay said...

That is so funny! Maybe you should ask Santa for a "popcorn machine" this year!

KerrieLeigh said...

I love the huge Costco popcorn boxes. I don't buy anything else. Good luck kickin' your habit. :)

Jacci said...

I am laughing so hard right now! You are so funny! I cant wait to see you guys! Drive safe!

Jason and Kristin said...

You poor thing. You better put some of that stuff in your 72 hr. kit and food storage. We can't have you going loopy on us in a disaster!

Teri said...

Autumn, you are too funny! Now you should take your costco stash and stash some more around the house.

Jessica said...

Note to YOURself:
Addictions contribute to sanity. Inhibiting addictions contribute to criminal records (i.e., much family strife;)
Chapter 10: So proud of your current read! I love Steinbeck and hope East of Eden is everything you hoped it would be. Interesting conversation piece.

Marilyn said...

I'm so glad other moms do this too. Only my treat is not popcorn but CHOCOLATE! If I know we're almost out of it I won't share it with anyone.

Chelsea said...

Really, I don't think it's all that bad. I mean we really don't want to deprive ourselves from all of the good things of life. And popcorn Autumn, it's popcorn. You could be doing much worse things.

Hey, post Lisa's White Chocolate Popcorn recipe. Sounds really good!