CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yesterday...Today...and Tomorrow Tag

20 Years Ago....
I was 12 years old. My best friends were Codi, Toni, Marci, Melanie, Gina, and Shaylee. (I wonder what happened to some of those girls) I wore hot pink clothes, stir-up pants, and Guess jeans with zippers in the sides. I had big bangs and a bad perm. I used words like 'radical'. I was mean to my little brother and had just started to think that my parents were old. My world was pretty rosy.
10 Years Ago....
I had a beautiful 1 year old daughter that my world revolved around. I got to stay home with her all day long...we would watch Barney and the Price Is Right every morning. She really loved Bob Barker. We read books, went on walks, cleaned the house together....everything. It's weird to think about my life with only one baby! It was such a short time! Bryan and his brother's had just started their own construction business. My parents still lived in Blanding and Camry and I spent a lot of time there. We would leave Bryan at home to work and go visit for weeks at a time. We both loved our Grandma time!
5 Years Ago....
We moved into our new house when our little Jace was 2 weeks old. (Something I would NOT recommend doing) I had 3 little guys at home all day and no yard for them to play in. Seriously...this is kind of a blur. (maybe it was survival mode) We spent lots of time back at the old apartment building where Jeff and Bonnie were living while they built their house. The kids could play together in the backyard there. I think this is when Bonnie and I started to become really close. I'm thankful that I had her that summer to play with...we both had stuff to offer each other. She had the backyard with the green grass....and I had the air conditioner! We spent a lot of time together! :)
3 Years Ago....
Camry was going into the 3rd Grade and Easton was going into 1st. I was preparing myself to be home alone all day with just me and Jace. We got into quite the routine....after lunch we would read books on my bed until we would both fall fast asleep. Boy...I really miss those days! Bryan's business was going along really well. I got called to be the Primary President in my ward. That was scary...but ended up being one of the best experiences of my life!
1 Year Ago....
I got the kids into the new Charter School in our area. They were doing so great in school! We got a puppy. Bryan's business was really booming. He and his brother's purchased a ton of new equipment to make their business grow. Bryan's dad was diagnosed with Leukemia. Our family became regular visitors at the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
So Far This Year....
The kids ended their 5th and 3rd grade years with great grades and good experiences. Jace graduated from preschool. I'm never going to have a preschooler again...and it's a little sad for me. Gas prices are too high. Nobody is building houses. I went on two trips to Hawaii. We took the kids to Disneyland. (those things really don't go together..do they)
Yesterday I....
Took the kids to the store to buy Garet a birthday present. Paid my power bill. Took the kids to the park for a picnic with Bonnie and her kids. Went out to dinner and to Boondocks for Garet's birthday party.
Today I....
Babysat at the church while the kids had a primary activity. Took Camry to the dentist to get 5 baby teeth pulled (she refuses to pull out her loose teeth). Went to Target to get her a prize for getting her teeth pulled and to buy a new mop because mine broke. Helped Bonnie make 36 handouts for relief society. Cooked dinner for 6 kids, my husband, and my mother in law. Took Easton to Karate. Caught up on my blog. PHEW!
Tomorrow I will....
Be patient with my children. Play with them at the pool. Make a fabulous dinner....then GO OUT for a girls night with friends! Yahoo!!! Can't wait!
In The Next Year I....
Will go back to work. See my baby go to Kindergarton. Get back on the work out wagon. Maybe go back to school. (as soon as I decide what I want to be when I grow up) Work on my blog book for 2008. Finish all of my projects I have started over the last year. Be happy with every minute I get to spend with my family!

I'm tagging Kristin N, Michelle G, Amy J, and Bonnie

9 comments:

tanya.... said...

I love to read these and I got tagged for this same one and I am so bad about tags. Maybe I will get inspired!! I always learn things about people when we do these things!

The Lower Family said...

You have an amazing memory! I don't think I can remember what I did 1 hr ago! I am so glad that you are coming tonight! It has been way to long and I so need a night out after the week I have had!

Aundrea said...

Okay, I'm trying to remember who Toni was?? I loved the visual I got of the outfits worn 20 years ago;)

As always, this was fun to read! I hope you have a great time at GNO!

Rochelle said...

I love the outfits! Im sure mine were very similar!

Natelli Johnston said...

I love this tagg, so fun to to learn more about you. how was the second traveling pants book? you should do a dream board, I think of things everyday I want to add.

Lisa said...

I actually love this tag, what a fun read! I loved your bad perm and big bangs by the way, I remember thinking you were soooooo cool!

Cami said...

This was so much fun to read. It made me think what I was doing back then. hmmm Loved it

Bonnie said...

K, I am putting my thinking cap on right now...Loved to read about the 80's!!

Teri said...

That 20 years ago one is crazy to me, it seems like so long ago, but to think about where I was.. oh, I'm getting old. Poor Camry, 5 teeth? goodness.
I still haven't forgotten that you tagged me on the picture one. I'm going to do it one day, but I'm going to cheat because it will get me to clean my house.