CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Super Mommy

My 5 year old has recently made me aware of how amazing I really am....
I was making him a sandwich in the kitchen and he was behind me being especially obnoxious.
Me: "Jace don't do that!"
Jace:"How did you DO that?"
Me:"How did I do what?"
He grabs me and turns me around looking at my head.
Jace:"Can you see back there?"
Me: "Huh?"
Jace: "How did you see me in the back of your head?"
Me: "OH....All mommies can do that."
Jace: "NO WAY! Really?"
Me: "Yep!"
Hmmm....I sometimes forget about my mommy super powers. I'm glad that I have Jace around to remind me of them! I think I'll be using this one a LOT more often!

13 comments:

Cami said...

So cute and so endearing. I love hearing about the funny things kids say. Your super powers go beyond seeing things behind you... you also make people happy. Thanks for the whine session yesterday. I really felt so much better afterwards. You are awesome. Now I have to think of a great superhero name for you. hmmm how about Wonder Autumn? Captain Autumn-Pants? ha~

Jason and Kristin said...

Jace is so funny. We saw him at the pool other day and Graham got to swim with him for a little bit.

Teri said...

Jace is Hilarious! I tell Connor that Mommies know everything.

Lindsay said...

I can't wait for my mommie super powers to start working!!!

KerrieLeigh said...

My big kids are starting to not believe in my super powers anymore. So sad!

Bonnie said...

He-he!! Gotta love him!! I love that he "knows" that I for sure have all of the same powers as you!! Glad I'm a "Supper Mommy" to him, too!

Aubri n Scott said...

That is great! I think you lose those powers as they get older. I wish I could get mine back!

Unknown said...

That is great, even my big kids ask mom how do you know things I have done when you are not even there. I tell them I know everything.

Rochelle said...

It's time for your monthly book club book. I can't believe your reading the Host I honestly can't decide, I've gotton such mixed reviews.

Jace is so flippin cute! I love this story.

Amy Jones said...

You just gotta LOVE those super powers. Now, if I could only figure out how to make them work to get my kids/husband to DO things I want them to. Hmmm...

Grandma Jean said...

Those super powers really come in handy. I was especially good at the mind reading one. You know, when you know exactly what they're thinking! Way to go mom. You've always been a wonder woman in my book!
Aunt Jeanne

Chelsea said...

I love super powers! Mommies know everything!

Lisa said...

That's hilarious! You are a super-mommy though.