CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Hair Raising Event

A little background here is necessary....When I was in the fifth grade all of my friends, and I mean ALL of them, were shaving their legs. EXCEPT for me! I remember begging and pleading and getting a no every time! Poor me....(I'm still traumatized!) So because of my sad story I decided long ago as soon as Camry asked if she could shave her legs I would let her. Honestly, I figured it would have happened a long time ago. Last summer she mentioned it...I told her she could, but that once she started shaving them she would have to do it all of the time...that turned her off right away. Fast forward to today. Her buddy Megan is here to visit. Megan says, "Hey, Camry your legs are real hairy...you should really shave them!" (Megans mother is dying about this!) They asked my permission and I said, "SHAVE AWAY!" I'm going to be honest...it's a little sad, but exciting at the same time. My little girl is growing up! So fun! We're off to buy an electric razor!

10 comments:

tanya.... said...

OH MY GOSH! She is so big.How exciting for her! LOL

Rochelle said...

Tresa is going to be a hippie, I have it all planned out. Mean huh?

Natelli Johnston said...

I started shaving my legs in the fifth grade and still have the huge scar on my leg from the very first shave :( you should borrow the book so you can read the 1st chapter, it was fun. I am sooooo excited for Breaking Dawn!

Unknown said...

Morgan has started shaving too. I love the electric shaver I don't worry about her cutting her self. Morgan is so hairy poor girl takes after me.

maryam said...

True story- my mom made me wait until JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL to shave!!! AND, I was already the hairiest of all of my friends. That really scarred me for life. I only wore pants to school... so sad. What a good mom you are.

Chelsea said...

That is really neat! It's cool that you two grew up in the same place, have the same friends. Neat! Camry is shaving huh? So over-rated! j/k That is cool that you got her an electric shaver. I never would have thought of that! I've always used disposibles.

Aundrea said...

I think I'm gonna let my 6-year old shave her legs this summer:) Logan too. I remember being so embarrassed about my hairy legs and always wondered what the big deal was!

Teri said...

You are such a cool mom!

Amy Jones said...

Oh crap...you just reminded me about yet another mom decision that I'm sure I will screw up for my girls when the time comes. Why doesn't God send down a manual for this kind of stuff? I just keep ignoring Lindy if I don't know what to answer her. I'm a horrible mom. :)

Bonnie said...

I was with Miriam on this....I couldn't shave my legs until I was 14...SOOOOOO TRAUMATIZED about having the hairiest legs of all my friends!! I am so glad I have you to think of the electric razor for me....Maddie's going to be able to shave whenever she wants to also and now I won't have to worry about her bleeding to death, too!!